NatureKast company information
For many Millennia, wood has been the building material of choice for cabinet makers. Despite its great track-record, wood does not perform well outdoors, as many well-intentioned carpenters have discovered. NatureKast’s story started with an idea born out of growing frustration with the lack of options for outdoor cabinetry, with the warmth and familiarity of wood. In 2005, all that changed when a beautifully crafted Cypress door was molded in high density resin. After much trial and error, a technique was perfected which captured the essence of the wooden door in a material that was fully weatherproof. It could also be hand-finished to perfection, using similar techniques to wooden doors.
NatureKast was formally registered as a company in July 2009, operating in Florida for the first few years, but quickly grew and needed to scale up operations. In 2015, production was moved to the facility in Canada in order to meet the ever-increasing demand.
NatureKast is sold through an active and expanding dealer network. The dealer footprint has grown rapidly across North America from 203 in 2015, 319 in 2016, 596 in 2017, 828 in 2018, 952 in 2019, 1,097 in 2020 and 1,249 in 2021. Currently we have over 1,300 NatureKast dealers.
Dealers can be found on our dealer locator.
Picture from a 2007 installation.
NatureKast product information
Expand your living space…
Homeowners are spending more quality time outside and investing wisely in their backyards. As a result, there has been great growth in new products and innovations. That’s where NatureKast comes in. Discover the rich look of real wood outdoor cabinets without the constant maintenance. NatureKast has revolutionized the outdoor cabinet industry by offering the first range of 100% weatherproof cabinets that look and feel like high-end indoor kitchens, but built to withstand all the elements that nature can throw at them. Backed up by a limited lifetime warranty, homeowners can be certain that NatureKast cabinetry will last for decades.
With NatureKast, the need for masons or cumbersome and expensive stone work can be completely removed from the equation. Realistic panels resembling wood, stack stone, brick and coral stone plus molded items like corbels, trim and crown moldings bring design options that have previously only been available for indoor cabinetry. The product line is immense and includes a plethora of feature-rich base cabinets, grill cabinets, insert cabinets, ceramic grill cabinets, benches, hoods and even wall and tall cabinets. Innovative specialty cabinets are available for some of the big names in outdoor grills, cooktops, sinks and appliances. NatureKast also offers the industry’s widest range of outdoor TV cabinets on the market, so outdoor televisions may be showcased in a custom-built TV cabinet that perfectly matches the other fine outdoor cabinetry.
Freedom of choice doesn’t end with cabinet selection, but spills over into the distinctive stain, paint and designer weathered finishes and alluring door styles. With even just a little creativity in the design, the result can be a totally unique looking backyard oasis.
NatureKast is perfecting the art of outdoor living.
Some recent articles and publications that have featured NatureKast:
- Rental Retreat Hearth and Home Magazine August 2017 (will download a PDF). Page 78 [18 of 25]
- NatureKast Cabinetry Creates Lasting Outdoor Kitchens Spaces Magazine August/September 2018 (will download a PDF)
- Perfecting the art of outdoor living Coastal Palate Magazine December 2018 – January 2019 (will open to online publication – four page editorial piece)
- Where the Livin' is Good... Good Life New England Opens up a World of Posssibility. Cape Cod Home, 2020 Annual Guide (will download a PDF)
- NatureKast – Luxurious, Thriving Weatherproof Cabinetry Elevated Home & Design Magazine Summer 2020 (Published on Jul 2, 2020)
- Perfecting the art of outdoor living (update) Coastal Palate Magazine April/May 2021 (will download a pdf – four page editorial piece)
- NatureKast – perfecting the art of outdoor living Elevated Home & Design Summer 2022
Online articles & features
Some online articles that have featured NatureKast:
- NatureKast outdoor kitchen cabinetry uses PVC covered in resin
By Bill Esler October 16, 2016
- NAHB New American Home 2018 video highlights of the completed build
- Brands We Trust: NatureKast Weatherproof Cabinetry by Paul Lafrance Design Team – Posted on March 6, 2018
- NatureKast Outdoor Kitchen by the lake
– Parr Lumber Posted on March 7, 2018
- 5 Outdoor Kitchen Products for Alfresco Summer Dining – Products, June 11 2018
- Our Favorite Outdoor Kitchens for Backyard Entertaining –in Luxury Pools & Outdoor Living by Melissa C. Gillespie, Summer 2021
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinetry Built to Last by Clare Tattersall in www.woodindustry.ca, June 6 2022
- Belly up to the Bar – a design team creates and al fresco kitchen with all the bells and whistles by Chelsie Butler in KBB News, July/August 2022
Click button below to download. Assets will download in a compressed folder.